As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I think of coloring books, the most prevalent image in my mind is that of children using them to color in. I admit that I have not thought much about adult coloring books, so when I found a sloth coloring book for adults, I decided to purchase it and write a review of it. That is what this article is about.
In my review, I will present information about adult coloring books in general and then go on to discuss my pros and cons regarding this particular sloth coloring book. I will attempt to provide enough information and go into enough detail in this article so as to (hopefully) give you all the information that you’ll need if you are considering purchasing this book for yourself or for someone else.
**Please note that the coloring book that I am reviewing in this article may not be identical in every way to the one that is available through my affiliate link, but hopefully the two of them are similar enough that you’ll be able to make an informed purchasing decision based on the information that I have provided.**
Sloth Coloring Book – “Sloth Coloring Book for Adults: (Animal Coloring Books for Adults)” Review
- Product: “Sloth Coloring Book for Adults: (Animal Coloring Books for Adults)“ **Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.** Full disclosure.
- Publisher: Independently published (October 15, 2019)
- ISBN-10: 1699945233
- ISBN-13: 978-1699945230
- Size of Book: 8.5 x 0.13 x 11 inches
- Available on Amazon: Yes
- Product Description on Amazon: “This incredible adult coloring book by best-selling artist is the perfect way to relieve stress and aid relaxation while enjoying beautiful and highly detailed images. Each coloring page will transport you into a world of your own while your responsibilities will seem to fade away…”
- My Rating: 8 out of 10
First Of All…..An Adult Coloring Book? Really?
The first question that you may be asking (which is one that I previously asked, as well) is, “What benefits could adults possibly get from using a coloring book?”. Well, I have done some research and have learned more about this topic from people that know way more about it than I do. Based on this research, one or more benefits could possibly be realized by some adults using adult coloring books, including the following:
- Less stress. According to US Medical Staffing, Inc., “Adult coloring books can relieve stress similarly to the way that meditation can reduce stress levels. Being present is important as it allows the mind to forget future and past stressors, and since coloring is an in-the-moment activity, it helps with being present which can have mental health benefits for us.”
- More mindfulness. According to HuffPost contributor Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psy.D. LCPC, “This is another method of practicing mindfulness, which has therapeutic and health benefits. This can help us replace negative thoughts with positive and pleasant ones. Doing therapeutic artwork can help reduce feelings of anxiety and unpleasantness associated with lengthy medical treatments. The focus we place on the project at hand, and on an object can replace negative and unhelpful thoughts from entering our minds. The step of acting and doing vs. observing is a powerful deterrent to focusing on physical or emotional pain.”
- Better focus. According to Beaumont Health, “Coloring requires you to focus, but not so much that it’s stressful. It opens up your frontal lobe, which controls organizing and problem solving, and allows you to put everything else aside and live in the moment, generating focus.”
There are many more benefits that could possibly be realized by some adults using adult coloring books, and I encourage you to do your own research and make your own decisions as to whether or not you feel that adult coloring books may be beneficial for you. Having said that, let’s move on to my pros and cons regarding the particular sloth coloring book that this review is about.
The Features That I Like
In addition to the overall look and appearance of the coloring book, there are several specific features about this book that I like, as well, which include the following:
- Images: I find that there are several very cute (as in “super sloth cute”!) images within the book.
- Variety of images: To me, it seems like there is a good variety of images to choose from to be colored, ranging from basic to more detailed. With some “more detailed images” being present, it seems to me that these particular images are well-suited to be colored by adults.
- Number of images: There are a total of 27 images that can be colored within this book (please note that there are not 27 original images available to be colored, but rather 27 images in total, which leads me to the features that I do not like).
The Features That I Am Not A Huge Fan Of
Despite the fact that, for the most part, I do like this coloring book, there are two features about it that I am not particularly fond of:
- Some of the images within the coloring book are repeated. I appreciate the fact that attempts were made to change some parts of the images (for example, the background) but the fact remains that repeating of some images does occur. Providing even more confusion, the description on Amazon includes the statement, “Two Copies of Every Image”, which is not the case.
- Even though I do like the variety of images to choose from to be colored (basic to more detailed), it seems to me like some of the “basic” images are very basic. So basic that I could see children being more interested in coloring those particular images than adults would be.
***Please note that in this product review, I have provided my personal pros, cons, and opinions. Your list of pros, cons, and opinions is likely to be different than mine.***
My Rating: 8 Sloths Out Of 10
In this article, I provided a product review of “Sloth Coloring Book for Adults: (Animal Coloring Books for Adults)”. After discussing possible benefits of adult coloring books in general, I went on to discuss my pros and cons regarding the specific coloring book that this article was written about. Overall, I give it a positive review and a rating of 8 out of 10.
I hope that you have enjoyed my product review of “Sloth Coloring Book for Adults: (Animal Coloring Books for Adults)” and that I have provided some useful information for you. If you do happen to purchase this product, please share your thoughts, experiences, and opinions with me regarding it.
If you have any comments or questions about this article, please feel free to share them below. Thank you!
**Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.** Full disclosure.